- How can StreetView/Inside Photos help my business? When potential customers search for your business by name on Google, they will see the images displayed directly on the search results page. These panoramic images will also be published on Google+ Local pages, Google Maps and other Google properties and give customers a better sense of the layout, decor and beauty of your business interior. Using easy-to-use html snippets or Maps APIs, you can also link to these images from your own business website, attracting potential customers who visit your website too. Learn more about the benefits on the Google Business Photos page.
- Why are businesses being photographed and how can I see the pictures? Google Trusted Photographers are taking high-quality still photographs that will be stitched into 360-degree views using panoramic camera technology. These Trusted Photographers are independent contractors who have been trained and certified by Google to produce high quality panoramic images. As a business owner, you can also upload your own photographs to Google by signing into Google+ Local. You'll be able to see the photos and 360-degree panoramic imagery directly on Google search results and on your Google+ Local page.
- What will the Trusted Photographer do that I can't do myself? Trusted Photographers are trained to take high quality photos of building interiors, accommodating for common challenges such as low lighting and tight spaces. The photographers are also certified to take pictures using fisheye lenses and rotating camera turrets (mounted on tripods) that, once uploaded to Google’s processing pipelines by photographers, will be transformed into 360-degree panoramic imagery and a walk through of your business. Once photographers upload the pictures from their cameras, Google’s processing pipelines use sophisticated image stitching, HDR, image matching and other technologies to produce these panoramic walkthroughs.
- Are there any restrictions on what type of businesses can participate? Currently, we are not photographing legal, medical, corporate, or large chain establishments.
- What is the relationship between a Trusted Photographer and Google? Trusted Photographers are independent contractors/businesses that are not employed by Google, agents of Google or affiliated with Google in any way. Google has certified them because they meet Google’s standards of quality for taking the feature pictures and panoramic pictures, uploading them, moderating them and eventually publishing them on Google properties.
- What is the cost to get my business photographed? There is a one time fee for the actual business photography and posting the tour to Googles servers. Once the tour is added to Google Maps, there are no other costs involved and no monthly fee. Rates start at $425. Please contact us directly at 206-276-5322 or fill out our request form for a free consultation. Some discounts may apply.